We are, of course, taking the health and safety of our clients and staff very seriously, so we are implementing not only the required State of Illinois safety precautions, but additional ones as well. We have outlined below the steps we are taking to better protect you and our salon family here at Rod Sickler Salon & Spa.
Changes that we have made to the salon:
- We have reduced the number of stations in use from 25 to 11 and spaced those out to provide a minimum of six feet between those stations.
- We have removed two of our shampoo bowls to maximize space between each bowl.
- We have added a plexiglass barrier to our front desk.
- Our waiting area is open but limited capacity.
- We will no longer have magazines available for clients to read.
Additional sanitation procedures:
- All equipment, chairs, and tables used by a staff member or client will be sanitized between clients.
- We have purchased a UV light for additional sanitation of equipment.
- All employees will undergo symptom screening and a temperature check daily.
- We will use disposable materials and supplies to replace items that cannot be sanitized between clients.
- Restrooms will be sanitized after each use.
- We are offering contactless payment, and all point of sale items will be sanitized after use, including pens.
What to expect at your appointment:
- Clients will be seen by appointment only. We cannot accept walk-ins.
- You must come to your appointment alone. We cannot allow guests with our clients, unless you are a parent accompanying your child for their appointment.
- Please call the salon when you arrive for your appointment. You will be asked to remain in your car until your stylist is ready.
- You must wear a mask to enter the salon. If you do not have one, the salon will have them available for purchase.
- Prior to entering the salon, you will be required to complete and sign a symptom screening form. Anyone with a temperature above 100.4 F or who is exhibiting symptoms of COVID-19 must reschedule their appointment.
- Clients and service providers will sanitize hands together once entering the building.
- If you wish to purchase any of our products, you will just need to let your stylist or the front desk employee know. He or she will get that item for you.
- We ask that you depart the salon immediately after your services are completed and you have completed your transaction. We love being social with our clients, but in order to maintain social distancing, we must keep strict control over the number of people in the salon at any time.
We have always prioritized the health and safety of our clients. Our stylists must complete 1500 hours of education, almost half of which is dedicated to safety and sanitation. That education includes anatomy, physiology, disease control, and sanitation. Additionally, each of our staff members have recently passed an infection control class and are Barbicide certified. Finally, hair stylists in the state of Illinois must pass a state board exam that covers many health, disease control, and sanitation topics.
We have returned to our normal hours and look forward to seeing you. To schedule your appointment, please book online or call 217-403-1790.